On the first weekend in March 2016, I charge you to
- Pick three things you enjoy that were created by someone (songs, podcast, game, movie, app, recipe, etc.)
- Let the creator know how much you enjoy that thing (rate it on Spotify, write a review on iTunes, become a fan on BoardGameGeek.com, write a YouTube comment, rate it in the app store, tweet to the creator #CreatorAppreciationDay , become a facebook fan, write a review for Amazon, comment on their kickstarter campaign, etc.)
- Share with your friends either in person (schedule a Show and Tell party where you take turns sharing your favorite music, or playing your favorite game) or on social media.
- Discover new creators that your friends recommend.
Rules (ok, guidelines):
- This is not about money. It’s great to financially support your favorite creators via crowdfunding, patreon, buying products, etc. But this is about expressing appreciation.
- Focus on living creators. Let’s appreciate people while they are around to enjoy it.
At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.
To get involved, contact @the_FlyingSheep on twitter.